Optomap® Retinal Exam
Eyecare Opticians are concerned about retinal problems including retinal degeneration, macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal holes or detachments, and systemic diseases such as diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. These conditions can lead to serious health problems including partial loss of vision or blindness, and often develop without warning and progress with no symptoms.
The optomap® Retinal Exam:
- Provides your optometrist with a scan of the retina to confirm the health of your eye
- An ultra widefield view of the back of the eye
- An in depth view of the retinal layers and periphery (where disease can start)
- Allows your optometrist to detect the presence of disease early in its progression
- Will be saved in your file enabling your optometrist to make important comparisons during your annual eye exam
- This technology is the best clinical standard of care an optometrist can offer.
Our optometrists strongly recommend you have this test as part of our standard eye test today and will answer any questions you may have.